March 26, 2011

Photography in New York with Jay Maisel

Having returned from a fantastic week of Photography in New York with Jay Maisel and his team, I really only have one thing to say and that's WOW! What a fantastic location to spend a week running around with a camera! You can see the entire New York series on our website (click here).  I travelled throughout Manhattan, including times square and wall street, some of queens, the bronx and parts of New Jersey. Mr. Maisel is just about the best photographer in North America and the city of New York was a shooters paradise.
 
 
 
Prior to leaving I was advised by many to be very careful as NY was not without it's problems as it relates to crime and the people in general. I must confess that this was not my experience. I found New Yorkers to be very down to earth and quite helpful. Each and every time I found myself "lost" in the subway system, some kind soul would tell me how to get where I was going. Due to the mass volume of people, no matter where you stand the canvas in front of you is ever changing, which makes for some fantastic images. I would have to say that shooting the St. Patricks day parade and St. Patricks Cathedral was certainly a hightlight. The food was another story in and of itself. I will be riding off a few extra pounds thanks to restaurants like "City Hall". So, if you ever get the chance to take in this great City, don't miss out! 
 
 
 
Up next....Spring in Alberta?!?